Director of Operations: Admin / Facilities / Client Support
More than a Job
Are you looking to continue your career in the financial services industry? Do want different challenges and experiences every day? Do you enjoy working with a team of others to help deliver world class client service? If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions, a position as the Director of Operations at Navigoe may be just what you are seeking.
The Start of a Career
At Navigoe, the role of Director of Operations is the continuation of a successful career in the financial services industry. As a small, boutique firm, Navigoe will expose you to a wide breadth of experiences in administration, management, and client service. You will have the opportunity to wear many different hats in the organization, working directly with every team member, and building your experience and knowledge so you can be successful throughout your professional career.
Life at Navigoe
Navigoe is located less than a mile off the Southern California coast, in the town of Redondo Beach. Our office is a modified historic home, with gardens, lawns and outdoor areas to relax. We strive to have the proper balance between work and everything else you care to do.
And as a financial planning firm, we have you covered on the financial benefits. 401(k) plan with employer matching, health coverage, and even a share of the revenue of the company, so your success is tied to the success of the firm.
Your First Weeks and Months
Your primary goal will be to learn all there is to know about delivering high-quality service and support to our clients and our Financial Navigators. To do this, you will:
- Answer telephones
- Check and distribute incoming mail
- Coordinate overnight delivery
- Schedule maintenance of property, equipment, etc.
- Inventory management and order supplies
- Assist the Compliance Consultant with obtaining SEC documents from the team
- Oversee manage the duties of the administrative assistant
- Work directly with the owner to ensure a great environment in the office for all employees
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the company
- Assist with human resources and book keeping duties
- Assisting with facilities related tasks
- Oversee housekeeping crew, gardening crew and other outside contractors that help us maintain the property
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for employees and the office
- Client Support:
- Conference room preparation for client meetings, and greet/serve clients
- Respond to certain client inquires (i.e., check/wire/ach request, contribution request, contact information changes)
- Schedule meetings
- Monitor the client email alias and create activity in the CRM for new requests
- Maintain client information in CRM, investment accounting system and custodian websites
- Coordinate the monthly/quarterly client reporting process
- Do certain monthly checks for clients (i.e., confirm if cash must be invested, confirm if certain automatic contributions were processed)
- Fill out custodian paperwork, have clients sign, and submit the executed documents to the custodian for processing
- Marketing Support:
- Maintain MailChimp distribution list and prepare emails for distribution
- Assist in social media promotion activities
- Assist in client event planning and preparation
As your skill and knowledge improve, which they will as you will be provided all the opportunities to get involved with all aspects of a boutique wealth management firm, advancement and lateral opportunities are yours if you are eager. Long term there are other opportunities in the financial planning and wealth management profession within the firm.
- A positive and upbeat attitude
- Great communication and relationship skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Take pride in work
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills, with the ability to quickly learn new software
- Have an interest in expanding career in financial planning operations and client support
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have prior experience working in financial services or related field
- Experience working for an independent RIA preferred
- College degree highly preferred, but we will consider expections
- If selected as a finalist, you must provide two work references and pass a background and credit check
- Salary depending on skills and work history
- Ability to participate in company bonus pool
- Health, Retirement (401k with company match) and Vacation Benefits
- Career improvement and educational opportunities
DO NOT call our office or stop buy to drop off a resume. We appreciate the added enthusiasm, but we are very busy; that is why we are looking for another employee.
DO complete the application process online, provide a cover letter, resume and answer the few extra questions. Take your time. After all, we are looking for excellent writers. This is your first opportunity to show us just how good you are.