More than a Job
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in the financial services industry? Do want different challenges and experiences every day? Do you enjoy working with a team of others to help deliver world class client service? If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions, a position as an Administrative Assistant at Navigoe may be just what you are seeking.
The Start of a Career
At Navigoe, the role of Administrative Assistant is the beginning to a successful career in the financial services industry. As a small, boutique firm, Navigoe will expose you to a wide breadth of experiences in administration and client service. You will have the opportunity to wear many different hats in the organization, working directly with every team member, and building your experience and knowledge so you can be successful throughout your professional career.
Life at Navigoe
Navigoe is located less than a mile off the Southern California coast, in the town of Redondo Beach. Our office is a modified historic home, with gardens, lawns and outdoor areas to relax. We strive to have the proper balance between work and everything else you care to do.
And as a financial planning firm, we have you covered on the financial benefits. 401(k) plan with employer matching, health coverage, and even a share of the revenue of the company, so your success is tied to the success of the firm.
Your First Weeks and Months
Your primary goal will be to learn all there is to know about delivering high-quality service and support to our clients and our Financial Navigators. To do this, you will:
- Answer telephones
- Check and distribute incoming mail
- Coordinate overnight delivery
- Schedule maintenance of property, equipment, etc.
- Inventory management and order supplies
- Assist the Compliance Consultant with obtaining SEC documents from the team
- Maintain an orderly and neat office environment, including light cleaning in the kitchen, bathrooms, conference rooms, reception area and work areas
- Oversee housekeeping crew, gardening crew and other outside contractors that help us maintain the property
- Assisting with facilities related tasks (i.e., searching for contractors, running errands to local stores)
- Client Support:
- Conference room preparation for client meetings, and greet/serve clients
- Respond to certain client inquires (i.e., check/wire/ach request, contribution request, contact information changes)
- Schedule meetings
- Monitor the client email alias and create activity in the CRM for new requests
- Maintain client information in CRM, investment accounting system and custodian websites
- Coordinate the monthly/quarterly client reporting process
- Do certain monthly checks for clients (i.e., confirm if cash must be invested, confirm if certain automatic contributions were processed)
- Fill out custodian paperwork, have clients sign, and submit the executed documents to the custodian for processing
- Marketing Support:
- Maintain MailChimp distribution list and prepare emails for distribution
- Assist in social media promotion activities
- Assist in client event planning and preparation
As your skill and knowledge improve, which they will as you will be provided all the opportunities to get involved with all aspects of a boutique wealth management firm, advancement and lateral opportunities are yours if you are eager. Long term there are management or other opportunities in the financial planning and wealth management profession within the firm.
- A positive and upbeat attitude
- Great communication and relationship skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Take pride in work
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills, with the ability to quickly learn new software
- Have an interest in expanding career in financial planning operations and client support
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- High School Graduate
- Some college preferable, college degree even better
- If selected as a finalist, you must provide two work references and pass a background and credit check
- Full-time or Part-time available
- $15 to $25 an hour depending on skills and work history
- Ability to participate in company bonus pool
- Health, Retirement and Vacation Benefits
- Career improvement and educational opportunities
DO NOT call our office or stop by to drop off a resume. We appreciate the added enthusiasm, but we are very busy; that is why we are looking for another employee.
DO complete the application process online, provide a cover letter, resume and answer the few extra questions. Take your time. After all, we are looking for excellent writers. This is your first opportunity to show us just how good you are.